Windows 8 is the revised version of Windows, an operating system used by billions of people across the world. Quite naturally, it comes with a lot of new features and aims at making the users’ life simpler. Here are some of the features of Windows 8 –
- Will you miss the start button? – Unlike the previous versions of Windows, there is no Start button from where you can access other programs. In order to do the same, you need to go back to the Home Screen.
- ‘Desktop’ gets replaced by Home Screen – Instead of a proper desktop, there is just a big Home Screen in Windows 8.
- Access the programs from Windows store – Just like an app store on Android devices, there is a Windows Store through which all the programs with their Modern UI design language are distributed.
If you are not quite familiar with this new version of Windows, here are some tips and tricks to get a hang of it –
- Though it is a bit difficult to figure thisout, Windows 8 opens on its lock screen.
- It is very easy to navigate the interfaceof Windows 8. You just need to swipe right or left in order to scroll the screen.
- To find a particular application, press Ctrl+Tab and click the arrow button at the bottom left of the screen. You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen and the list of all the installed programs will appear.
- If you are wondering what the process of shutting down your systemis, move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen and click the icon called ‘Settings.’ Even if you hold down the Win Key and I simultaneously, you will get to see the power button. Choose this and then select either ‘Restart’ or ‘Shut Down’.
Now that you have become familiar with windows 8, start using it for work and play.