Facebook Timeline gives you an opportunity to get inspired by your creativity and play with the combinations and elements that the structure provides to showcase newer perspectives. So, whether you have a vast or quirky/funny imagination, you can do a lot with Facebook Timeline. Here are some creative ways to use it to your advantage:
- Get creative with your cover photo: You can use your creativity to leverage the 851 x 351 pixel “cover photo” and make it into something awesome. Be it blending your personal and business information with a touch of humor, adding interesting milestones of your business, or using cover photos that resonate well with popular sayings, you can do a lot more by putting your creative hat on. Just let your imagination run wild to create innovative Facebook Timeline that amaze and entertain people in your Facebook network.
- Telling stories with images: You can use an album of images and use the Highlight feature to share these images in a way that tells a story.The popularity of Pinterest has proved that people love seeing images. You too canuse them extensively on your Timeline to tell your story.
- Create interesting competitions: For keeping your fans engaged, you can create competitions or treasure hunts using the Highlight, Cover and Milestone feature for a specific time (say, over a fortnight or a month) to leave clues and pique interest.
- Using Facebook Photo Apps: You can position yourbest apps in the first row with a call to action within both the app’s custom graphics and name. In case they are appealing, people will click the down arrow on the right side to find what else you have made available. This will be a great way to get your fans involved and create engagement.
- Make use of the About section: The About section visible on your main Timeline page shouldn’t be left vacant or incomplete.So, apart from including all relevant and important information about your business, you should also make sure that you use this space to link back to special pages on your website to tell people more about what your business is all about and who your customers are.
These tips will help you use the Facebook Timeline creatively. If you have some more novel ideas, don’t forget to share them with us.