Pictures speak louder and more effectively than words. No wonder why businesses engage better through the use of pictures than mere texts and words. Social networking sites like Instagram and Pinterest are of real help as they allow you to interact with your customers through pictures and videos.
In case you are keen to use Instagram for business, here are five tips that will help:
- Linking to other social media sites: When starting with Instagram, it is important to link it to your other social media ventures like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, YouTube etc. This will not only enable you to share content simultaneously on multiple platforms but will also ensure that your followers on these platforms know about your Instagram account and follow you there. This will help build the initial buzz that is required for a better footing in Instagram.
- Variety in content: When posting pictures on Instagram, make sure that you choose different kinds of pictures, showcasing various aspects of your business. It is important to remember that you are actually telling your visitors a story through these pictures. Therefore, make sure that you do not restrict your pictures to those of your products or services. Rather, include images of special events, clients, employees and fans etc to bring some refreshing and interesting variety.
- Call to action through engagement: When promoting your business through Instagram, it is important to engage with your customers. You could ask them to share their photos and tag accordingly so that you can respond and make it more fun. Sharing their views through photos with a call to action is another fun way to engage with your customers.
- Use hashtags: Using hashtags when sharing photos will ensure that your posts get ranked high in relevant searches. Therefore, it is important to tag all your posts with the relevant hashtags to help them being found easily and get noticed.
- Quality, not quantity: Finally, it is important to ensure that you do not go overboard with posts. Restrict yourself to meaningful posts that are more engaging. Allow for conversations to flow between posts to ensure that you are actually communicating with your customers. Also, make sure that you customize each post made on Instagram and do not simply post the same pictures on all social media sites.
Instagram has emerged as one of the increasingly popular modes of marketing businesses today. With the tips listed above, you can definitely be assured of success in this arena.